The Geneva Red Wings (23-15) erupted for 18 runs on 16 hits in an 18-7 victory over the Onondaga Flames (16-20) on Sunday afternoon at McDonough Park.
A sacrifice fly put the Flames up 1-0 in the top of the first inning. The Red Wings responded by scoring eight runs in the bottom of the frame. The first inning would be one of two offensive frames in which Geneva scored eight runs; they also brought home eight runners in the bottom of the fifth inning.
The offensive takeaways from Sunday’s contest for Geneva:
- Trustin Riley (Tampa) and Jake Evans (Alabama Southern CC) combined for nine walks and six runs. Evans finished the day 1-2 with a two run home run and five walks.
- Dominic Toso (Bucknell): 4-7, 3 RBI, 2 R.
- Mikey Arman (Kenyon): 2-5, 3 RBI, 3 R.
- Justin Barr (Central Alabama CC): 3-6, RBI, R.
- Justin Etts (NJIT): 3-4, 2 RBI, 2 R.
- Matt Chamberlain (University of New Haven): 2-3, 2 R.
The Flames had a couple players finish with multi hit days. Webb Little (Ithaca) finished 2-4 with a home run. Matt Carey (Ithaca) finished the day 2-5.
The Red Wings now have a couple days off in a row in accordance with the PGCBL All Star Break. They will send eight total members to represent the Geneva ballclub at Shuttleworth Park in Amsterdam, New York. Additional coverage will come. Their next contest is in Jamestown on Wednesday against the Jammers (27-11).